Study Groups provide an opportunity for people to come together to tackle a theme or issue of particular interest. Study groups include 8 – 12 people from different backgrounds.
How is the tool used?
- The group meets for 2 hours weekly for 4 weeks
- To discuss particular themes with comments/questions being recorded by Facilitator
- Group members are encouraged to review supporting materials
- Group members carry out research under each specific theme
- Discussions are designed to enable participants to consider different points of view – to eventually collaborate on ideas for action and change
The research and information gathered through the Study Group process, as well as views and thoughts gathered through Pop-up Discussions will then inform a Citizens Jury.